Type of facilities:
Virgin Valley Disposal operates the City of Mesquite’s Municipal Class 1 Landfill. The landfill was designed for the Virgin Valley area. All customers who so choose to use this landfill will be charged by the cubic yard. All loads transported to the landfill must be covered and secured.
For proper classification of the waste you bring to the landfill, gate keepers may ask specific questions about your load to better understand what type of waste you are bringing into the landfill.
Good to know...
- All waste will be charged by the cubic yard.
- For record and book keeping only your vehicle will be weighed in and out of the landfill.
- All loads must be covered and secured during transportation (if not your fees will double).
- If you are bringing compacted waste you will be charged 3 to 1 or 3 times the normal rate.
- Please have your drivers license readily available, also where the waste is generated.
- For security reasons we can no longer accept large bills.
- No tires can be disposed of in the landfill. *Please see tires below...
NO tires can be disposed in a landfill that accepts municipal solid waste and is located in the State of Nevada. To help control this Virgin Valley Disposal, Inc. has taken measures to help our customers. We have placed a trailer at the landfill for storing used tires. These tires will be separated from the wasted stream and stored in the trailer for transportation to a proper facility. If you have used tires you can bring your tires to the landfill for a nominal fee.
The fee covers the cost of hauling tires to a recycling facility.
Tires can be brought to the City of Mesquites Landfill during our Scale House hours.
Residents participation in the 90 Gallon Automated System can dispose of four (4) passenger car or light truck tires per month free of charge in accordance to Chapter 2 Section 4-2-4B.
Commercial & Residential Passenger Care & Light Truck Tires $1.50 per tire
Commercial Truck Tires up to size 11/24.5 $4.00 per tire
Commercial Truck Tires & Equipment Tires larger then 11/24.5 will not be accepted at Mesquite Landfill.
We do not accept or allow the following:
Firearms or explosives
Liquids of any kind
Waste from outside the Mesquite, Bunkerville or Beaver Dam, AZ area
Auto shred parts
We strongly suggest that if you have anything out of the ordinary, call Virgin Valley Disposal before you attempt to bring it to the landfill at (702) 346-5396
What is non-chargeable residential waste?
Non-chargeable residential waste, in general, is any normal household waste that would normally go into a residential 90-gallon container. Some of these materials that meet this criteria are…
NORMAL Household waste. (Normal everyday used items, Milk jugs, food scraps, cereal boxes, etc.)
Disposal site rules:
While at the landfill, the following rules are to be followed:
- Only non-hazardous solid waste within the Mesquite, Bunkerville and portions of Arizona area will be accepted.
- Children under the age of 12 years and pets, must remain in the vehicle at all times for their safety.
- Dumping is to be conducted under the direction of the gate keeper, and landfill attendant.
The following is prohibited at the facility:
- Use of firearms.
- Dumping of hot ashes, or activities causing any material to burn.
- All liquid waste.
- Barrels or drums. (unless both ends are removed, so as to see through)
PLEASE DRIVE CAREFULLY!
What days of the year is the City of Mesquite Landfill Closed?
- New Year’s Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (4th of July)
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
The landfill hours are...
- Monday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Tuesday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Wednesday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Thursday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Saturday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Excluding the above holidays
You can find the Landfill at:
3200 Mesquite Heights Road
Mesquite, NV 89034