JOB TITLE: Finance Manager
DIVISION: Virgin Valley Disposal
LOCATION: 501 Riverside Road
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-Exempt
Please visit our Employment section at: https://vvdisposal.net/jobs/job/finance-manager/
The Finance Manager / HR manages the accounting workflow and provides accounting direction and analytical support to management. This position is responsible for the overall quality of accounting and statutory financial compliance.
- Manages accounting and payroll and provides direction to the different accounting areas (invoice processing, billing, cash receipts, work order processing, credit analysis, receivable collections, month-end close, journal entries, statistical data, and payroll).
- Manages financial internal processes across all business unit functional areas (sales, customer service, operations, HR, payroll, etc.) to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all internal and external reporting deadlines are met.
- Manages reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and reviews financial statements and supporting documentation to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Company policies and procedures.
- Manages credit and collection function in an effort to maximize division cash-flow. Ensures division is in compliance with company credit and stop service policies.
- Manages and provides necessary support to financial audits including internal audits, external audits and peer reviews.
- Provides support and responds to information requests from Management.
- Ensures completion and submission of financial filings and returns required by contractual agreements and government entities (e.g., tax filings, franchise, and host fees).
- Coordinates billing and invoice printing for billing systems.
- Works with management to research and identify correct accounts and invoices for payment exception processing.
- Keys unidentified cash receipts to the correct division, account, and invoice in the billing systems.
- Posts completed daily cash receipt batches in the billing system.
- Keys cash receipts and reversals for electronic payments to the correct division, account, and invoice in the billing systems.
- Researches and resolves unidentified payments posted to the suspense account.
- Responds to internal and external requests for W9s.
- Responsible for processing all adjustments, money moves, and customer refund requests.
- Understands work assignments and project priorities and adheres accordingly.
- Follows organizational procedures; takes initiative to communicate with management when unclear/uncertain.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Ability to professionally interact and influence others. Be a leader to all as well as staff and customers to effectively accomplish goals in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative to thoughtfully research and follow up on non-standard situations to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively coach, mentor and train others to meet performance expectations as described above.
- Ability to work through others to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Ability to establish processes and procedures to ensure effective department workflow.
- Ability to track, measure and manage performance as required.
- MS Excel/Sheets skills at an intermediate level.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently within an office environment.
- Ability to complete projects and assignments with minimal direction from leadership.
- An understanding of business unit operational functions and related needs and requirements and the ability to identify issues, weigh options and provide effective counsel to support sound business decisions.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and compliance requirements of other financial statutes.
- Knowledge of State and local statutory requirements that govern financial reporting and accounting.
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting software. Advanced skill level with Excel/Sheets.
- Accounting, Finance or related field of study.
- Accounting or financial experience.
- Management, supervisory or lead experience.
- Prior experience with QuickBooks accounting software.
- $38,000 - $46,100 a year, could be higher depending on qualifications.
REWARDING COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage and dental plan coverage.
- Simple IRA
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental insurance
Virgin Valley Disposal is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.