JOB TITLE: Landfill Gate Attendant
DIVISION: Virgin Valley Disposal
LOCATION: 501 Riverside Road
POSITION TYPE: Part-Time
A Gate Attendant/Scale Operator is responsible for accurately and efficiently monitoring and recording waste volumes entering the post collection site, as well as collecting appropriate usage fees from customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in a previous position that required the handling of cash and balancing cash and/or receipts.
- Experience in an environment outside the home with computers and various software programs.
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste in materials.
Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Determine content of material entering facility to properly bill the customer.
- Accept or reject waste load based on content; suggest alternatives based on special waste, type of waste and/or local market training.
- Receive payment from customers; provide receipt to customers.
- Balance the daily receipts to ensure accurate recordkeeping and appropriate billing; deposit daily receipts into the safe depository.
- Document the waste entering the facility, utilizing truck scales and computer systems; track total amount of waste entering the facility.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Virgin Valley Disposal is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested in this job please follow this link to apply for the position: https://vvdisposal.net/jobs/job/landfill-gate-attendant/