JOB TITLE: Commercial Truck Driver
DIVISION: Virgin Valley Disposal
LOCATION: 501 Riverside Road
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-Exempt
Virgin Valley Disposal is looking for passionate, dedicated and focused truck drivers to join our team.
- Receive safety training
- Drive your truck and your route
- Serve your community and your customers
- Enjoy competitive wages and benefits
- Drive well maintained vehicles
- Work on a regular schedule
- Be home, safe, every night
A Commercial Truck Driver is responsible for safely operating a frontload, sideload, roll-off or other services, and providing prompt, courteous and complete waste removal services for customers who reside on a designated route.
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Safely operate his or her heavy truck along designated route and to the disposal site; read route sheet, follow map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Operate manual and/or automatic controls in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Interact with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
- Identify unsatisfactory waste containers and tag containers in accordance with applicable departmental procedures.
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste.
- Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean waste from the container and container edges on each disposal trip.
- Complete required route/productivity sheets, and other reports, as required.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- $41,600 - $49,920 a year, could be higher depending on qualifications.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two years of prior experience driving heavy trucks.
- Experience in a customer-facing position.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude to be able to do perform minor repairs to containers.
- Class A Commercial Driver’s license.
- Class B or higher Commercial Driver’s license with air brakes endorsement.
- Must meet all qualifications as defined under Department of Transportation regulation 49 CFR 391.41, as verified by a current Motor Vehicle Registration/driver abstract.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
Classification: Non-exempt, Full time
Virgin Valley Disposal is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested in this job please follow this link to apply for the position: https://vvdisposal.net/jobs/job/commercial-truck-driver/